Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Favorite Family Dinners

     Do you have that one meal that you are always craving? Well for me that is fondue. This is a thing my family does where you are given a plate of raw meat, vegetables, and some bread. You then take the meat or vegetable and put it on a screwed and let it sit in hot oil. It takes about 30 seconds and then you eat it. You obviously do not do this with bread because who wants hot soggy bread? You take your bread and you dip it in melted cheese, and I am telling you IT IS SO GOOD. Maybe its not that good... but I am so starving because I have to wait 30 second in between each bite.

Look at how good that looks! (Courtesy of here)


    The one thing about this dinner that makes it so exciting is we only do it with all five family members. Being that one of my siblings is working and the other is still in college, I rarely see them. Even rarer are all five of us together. This last week both my siblings were home and last night we had our family fondue dinner. All five of us have very strongly social personalities which helps fuel our massive discussion. Our discussion last night went everywhere. It started with the debate of the order of our favorite Star Wars movies. My list goes 6, 4, 7 and 3 tied, 5, 1 , then 2. During this debate I stated that I actually prefer the new Star Trek movie with Chris Pine over the bottom half of that list. Most people believe you either like Star Wars or Star Trek. I do not see why you cannot like both because they are two totally different things. Star Wars is more magical compared to Star Trek which could actually happen in the far future. Anyways, Im getting off topic, back to my family discussion last night.
     We then evolved the conversation from space movies and started debating the best movies of all time. We all conceded that the Lord of the Rings trilogy was the best set of movies ever. I then said Inception was my second favorite with Leo Dicaprio, and then The Dark Knight with Christian Bale.
My sisters started talking about Titanic when my dad stated that Titanic was a chick flick. At first I disagreed but the conversation then evolved to the definition of a chick flick. At first we said it was any movie liked by a girl and then my sister then stated that based on that definition, Transformers with Shia LeBouf was a chick flick. My mom said she thought a chick flick was any movie with a female protagonist. My sister than debated that in Transformers, it is never stated whether Optimus Prime is a male or a female. Sure, it very much leads to the fact that he is male, but it is never technically stated.
   We then conceded with the definition that a chick flick is any movie predominantly liked my females over males. Anyways, this were just a few of the conversations my family had over dinner. I always love these fondue dinners because our family talks about the weirdest things. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment